Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Darklight by Lesley Livingston

         
Darklight
(Wondrous Strange #2)
by Lesley Livingston
Summary from Goodreads:

"Much has changed since autumn, when Kelley Winslow learned she was a Faerie princess, fell in love with changeling guard Sonny Flannery, and saved the mortal realm from the ravages of the Wild Hunt. 

Now Kelley is stuck in New York City, rehearsing Romeo and Juliet and missing Sonny more with every stage kiss, while Sonny has been forced back to the Otherworld and into a deadly game of cat and mouse with the remaining Hunters and Queen Mabh herself.  
When a terrifying encounter sends Kelley tumbling into the Otherworld, her reunion with Sonny is joyful but destined to be cut short. An ancient, hidden magick is stirring, and a dangerous new enemy is willing to risk everything to claim that power.  

Caught in a web of Faerie deception and shifting allegiances, Kelley and Sonny must tread carefully, for each next step could topple a kingdom . . . or tear them apart. 

With breathtakingly high stakes, the talented Lesley Livingston delivers soaring romance and vividly magical characters in Darklight, the second novel in the trilogy that began with Wondrous Strange."


Rating:

I really admire Lesley Livingston for her way of giving impact on her characters. It seems that they grow throughout a book and grow even more through another, and my opinion towards them changed from the previous book; like, I hated Oberon and Mahb in Wondrous Strange and now are starting to feel that hatred wash away at Darklight; I hadn't really paid much attention to Fennrys before, but is now somehow catching my irritation for getting between Kelley and Sonny, and the untold part about his bargain with the King of Spring (My head's still swirling with theories right now).

The story is rather more complicated now than the first book and that was something I appreciated very much! I found the first chapters a bit dull, but I guess it was just letting me to brace myself for what would happen next... a WOW at that! And the ending... oooohhhh... the ending! I'm gonna stop there. :)

Well, I can't wait for the 3rd installment!

I give this book a thumbs up!