Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

        
Eclipse
(The Twilight Saga #3)
by Stephenie Meyer


Summary from Goodreads:

"Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devourEclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. 

As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob --- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?"

Rating:

Eclipse is definitely better than New Moon. I guess it’s because a lot had occurred in it. Victoria showing up, newly born vampires, the Volturi, Rosalie’s story, the whole vampire-werewolf truce; there’s just a lot to go around and it’s rather entertaining. 

Of course, Bella’s still there. I just wish she could’ve been lovable by now but I’m still annoyed with her personality. Although I have to admit that in spite of my growing dislike for Bella especially on the most-hateful-awful-scene-that-must-not-be-mentioned, the whole Edward-Bella-Jacob love triangle takes more vitality on this third installment of the Twilight Saga. 

What I love most about this book is the action-packed culmination. I anticipated a real throw down after the ever-gloomy 2nd book, and so to speak, Eclipse brought it. Yehey! Finally! 

And well, to conclude, I enjoyed this very much even though I’m still in question of this series’ unexplainably addictiveness.