Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

        
The Iron Queen
(The Iron Fey #3)
by Julie Kagawa
Summary from Goodreads:

"The New York Times Bestseller

My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back."

Rating:


Wooh! I am lost for words.

First of all, I will point out that this book is so NOT worth a five-star rating! SO NOT! Why, you may ask? Coz’ it’s worth more than that! I’d give this book more than ten stars if I could. Curse you, goodreads, for such a limited number of stars for rating!

For those who would question my annoyingly exultant behavior towards the Iron Queen, I suggest you read this book – no, this entire series! I swear if you haven’t read this, READ IT! RIGHT NOW! Or so help me, I’ll shove this up to you wherever I might deem so! 

Sorry, I’m just really all hyped up right now.

Anyway, on to my review; I don’t seem to have to point out the obvious of how I feel towards this book. Truly every chapter is an adventure. I love the growth I see – from Ash’s more open loving persona, Meghan in the no-longer-a-damsel-in-distress ass-kicking character, the unyielding mischievous Puck, Grimalkin (did I spell that right?), the new set of characters, the battle, the false king – damn, I have to stop there or I’d be going on and on about everything.

The Iron Queen just truly awed me. It has everything I love in a book. Unpredictability. Romance. Adventure. You name it! I have never read a book that has made me as deeply emotionally attached as I am with the Iron Queen. I mean, sea-deep attached. To point out, I was crying on Chapter 24. Okay, so crying was an understatement, it was a good thing everyone in the house was asleep because I was sobbing really hard and loudly! Bawling, wailing, call it as worst as you can.

And the ending… ooohhh… My dear, dear Ash… I yearn to read the Iron Knight more than ever with how this book has ended; deeming that another great adventure is looming up ahead.

Well that’s the end of my review, I wish I could say more but, like I said, I’m lost for words. There are not enough of them to suffice on how beautiful this book is. 

Now let me get back to deal with important matters… *creeping to a corner clutching the Iron Fey series, mumbling, “MY PRECIOUS!”*