Monday, April 23, 2012

Treachery by Andrea Cremer [REVIEW]

        
Treachery (Nightshade #2.5)
by Andrea Cremer

Summary from Goodreads:

"From Andrea Cremer’s internationally best-selling Nightshade series, Calla Tor’s brother Ansel tells his side of the betrayal and treachery depicted in Wolfsbane.Ansel’s world is falling apart. The Nightshade pack led by his parents has been violently destroyed. His sister, Calla, abandoned her little brother, leaving him to answer for her crimes. And the Haldis pack that would have been his future is irreparably broken by Calla's betrayal. Suffering at the hands of the Keepers, Ansel is losing everything he's ever loved. The only chance he has to save himself means an alliance with his tormentors, and repaying Calla in full for her treachery. In this novella, find out why Ansel makes the decisions he does in Andrea Cremer's New York Times bestselling novel, Wolfsbane."

Rating:
I really enjoyed reading Andrea Cremer’s Nightshade series. I had every mix of emotion while reading those books that even after the finale; of course I just had to have more.

When I saw Treachery, I was immediately drawn to it for two reasons: (1) Even though I adore Calla, I was excited to see a new viewpoint for this story, in spite of it being only a glimpse, (2) Knowing it is in Ansel’s point of view makes it even more interesting to finally find out why he made the crazy decision to betray Calla.

Sadly, Treachery was too short to give me any deep insight. I already know Ansel’s feeling towards Calla but there wasn’t anything new to what I already know from reading Bloodrose. The idea was all the same only in a different perspective. Either way, I wasn’t surprised at all.

I was expecting to see how they took Ansel’s wolf from him but it was already done and this was based more on his decision to do the unthinkable deed of trading his sister to get his wolf back.

Hmm... I don’t know, ,maybe my opinion would be different if I’ve read this first but still, I think it wasn’t enough.