Monday, September 10, 2012

Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa [REVIEW]

Iron's Prophecy
(The Iron Fey #4.5)
by Julie Kagawa

Summary from Goodreads:

"Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child…

A novella from the bestselling Iron Fey series."

Rating:

Iron’s Prophecy, once more, takes readers to the world of Meghan Chase. She is now queen of the Iron Realm, and by her side is the ever gorgeous former prince of Winter, her knight and husband, Ash. It seems life is as it should be for Meghan Chase. Suddenly, at the night of Elysium, the Oracle appears before the crowd of Fae while they celebrate, and she says she has a very important message to the Iron Queen. Something about the one she’s carrying...

I got really excited over this novella. I mean, c’mon! Kierran’s going to make his debut... well, sort of. And I could never get enough of Ash. Not to mention Puck and Grim are making their appearances again. Everyone’s come back together for one last hurrah! I’m a little sad about knowing this is their last appearance though but I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

I didn’t expect the side of Ash that I found here. He really has changed quite a lot – and when I say a lot, I really mean, A LOT! He seems very sweet and affectionate now than the previous books, a little to cheesy for my taste sometimes but with Ash and Meghan; it’s about time they got to the disgustingly mushy couple atmosphere! If you’ve been a fan of the series, you probably know why. If not, well let’s just say Ash has been the brooding, lock-up-all-your-emotions type of guy. And this is probably the only time he got that sweet with words over the entire span of the book.

Iron’s Prophecy isn’t as adventurous as the other novellas. But I’d say this book still gave me closure over what’s happening in all the characters’ lives after the events that occurred in the Iron Queen and the Iron Knight. Although Meghan, Ash, Puck and Grim’s journey has come to an end, we’re about to see a new adventure unveil through Ethan and Kierran... and I can’t wait to see how the Oracle’s vision would come to.