Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines

Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list  that bloggers are welcome to join in and answer. 

Hello, everyone! This week's Top Ten is about your favorite heroines. So here are mine:

1. KATNISS EVERDEEN (The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins) This is probably self-explanatory :)

2. CELAENA SARDOTHIEN (Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas) Being considered as the deadliest assassin in all of Adarlan, and at such a young age, that says a lot for Celaena

3. MEGHAN CHASE (The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa) From being a damsel in distress needing Ash and Puck at her side at all times, Meghan is now a certified queen and swordswoman. And how gorgeous is her teacher, huh? Ash! *faints*

4. YUKIKO (Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff) The most badass heroine I’ve read this year. Hooray for her and Buruu!

5. ANIDORI-KILADRA TALIANNA ISILEE or ISI (The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale) Another girl I look up to. For being a prim and proper, waited upon princess to a meek goose girl who has learned to fight and stand up for herself.

6. JUNE (Legend by Marie Lu) the Republic’s prodigy who turns away from the highest military circle that groomed her to fight for what is right.

7. ALLISON SEKEMOTO (The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa) The vampire freshie who wants nothing more than to hang on to her humanity as long as she could. Can’t wait to see more of her in the upcoming books from the Blood of Eden series.

8. ALICE BELL (Alice in Zombieland by Gene Showalter) There’s more to her than just being able to see the monsters. She’s more powerful than she or anybody else thinks.

9. CINDER (Cinder by Marissa Meyer) She’s a mechanic. She’s a cyborg. What’s not to love?

10. SCARLET (Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen) Will Scarlet is not a guy, but girls dig him. Will Scarlet is not a boy, but is one of the greatest assets of Robin Hood’s group of thieves. Will Scarlet is a girl, a fearless young woman.

How about you? Who are your favorite heroines? Let me know and I'll be sure to check it out.
Have a good day! 

14 comments:

  1. great top ten! i haven't read them all but they are on my list to read!
    here's mine :]
    http://stephwonderland.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-1.html
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how I LOVE Celaena she is such a fantastic character! So many of my favorites on your list!

    marissa

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put Katniss on my list as well. I don't know the rest but I have loads of books on my TBR pile so I'll be coming there in no time :)

    My TTT
    *GIVEAWAY*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celaena for sure! How could I forget about Megan?
    Allison, Cinder & Scarlet are also on my list! We have quite some names in common! :D So, great list!

    TTT @thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeppp!!! Cinder! How could I forget her?! Lol. Awesome list! :D

    Here my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these books I haven't read, yet! They are on my tbr list. I know! Where have I been? ;)

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I've heard of some of these books but I haven't read them yet. Thanks for sharing =)

    Here's my TTT for this week =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great List! Feel free to come by and check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-2-favorite-kick-ass.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! I'm a new book blogger and I am a Filipina looking for a fellow Filipino wherein I can share some of my book rants with. :) Currently, I have only 2 reviews in my archive: A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks and The Girls' Global Guide to Guys by Theresa Alan.

    If you have the time, you can visit my blog at:

    http://thesupersinigang.blogspot.com

    Thanks a lot po! :D

    Much Love,

    Rhia

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me it's a tie between Katniss & Celaena!

    Braine
    P.S. I sent an email update about the weird girls, Cecy added a giveaway. I think it landed on your junk mail. Let me know if you missed it, I'll resend the files.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll definitely have to check out these kick-ass heroines.

    http://polliwogblog.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!
    Man, I really need to get on reading THrone of Glass, I've seen that one mentioned a lot!
    My TTT: http://nightmareonbookstreet.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-ten-tuesday-kick-ass-heroines.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I aaaaaaalmost added Scarlet to my list and decided against it. Your post makes me wish I had. Great job!

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2012/10/top-10-tuesday-i-am-no-man.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. i know (and agree) with 6/10 of your heroines! Yay :D

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you take the time to drop me a line. Thanks! ^_^