Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hidden by Sophie Jordan [REVIEW]

TITLE: Hidden (Firelight #3)
AUTHOR: Sophia Jordan
PUBLISHER: HarperTEEN
PUB DATE: Sep 1 2012
Summary from Goodreads:

"Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy."


Rating:
Jacinda and Will believe that nothing can stand between their love, even with Jacinda being a Draki and Will being a part of the hunters who pursue their race for the enkros.

When Miram, the sister of the prince of their pride, Cassian, was captured by the hunters, Jacinda feels responsible for her capture. She intends to get Miram back to the pride before she runs off with Will, and find her mother.

Posing as a prisoner, she ventures into enemy territory. Her goal is to reach Miram and get out as fast as she can, but there is danger lurking about in the enkros’ laboratory... and their escape doesn’t mean the hunters won’t give chase...

I cannot believe this is the ending of Jacinda’s story. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy about how the ending came about. I’m happy that this was fast paced. I’m happy that I got to see Tamra find herself. I’m happy about Will and Jacinda. But, can that really be it? The end? Seriously? Please say no. *sob*

As much as I enjoyed this book, I think it was a too short to sum up everything about this story. There were a lot of things left unanswered. What happened to enkros and the lab? Surely they’d reform and jump right back to killing and experimenting on the draki, right? Who is the head of all this, and why didn’t Jacinda and company try to learn who it is so they could put an end to all this? I mean isn’t that what they should have done? It is a matter of saving their race, isn’t it?

Another thing I question is what of the hunters? For sure they would find out about what happened to Will’s relatives, won’t enemies be seeking revenge or something? That was one big blow to the hunters, right? It seems off we lost sight of them the minute the battle was over.

Also, what the heck is Deghan’s draki? Really, no explanation here? Sheesh!

Last but not the least, and which I believe is the most important thing that missed out on a clarification is Will’s power. I can’t believe that Ms. Jordan didn’t give out the details on this one. This mystery is probably the one thing that I was really looking forward to finding out about. That was frustrating!

I really do like Hidden. Not the cover, though, I think it’s too plain. But I was expecting this to be THE EPIC FINALE. I didn’t really see much of the “epic” part with a lot of stuff left behind unrequited. It didn’t give me the closure I wanted to feel after reading the last installment in a series.