Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier

Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list  that bloggers are welcome to join in and answer. 

Hello there! I can't believe it's been a while since my last Top Ten Tuesday post. Well, I'm not going to let this topic pass by, so here I go:

Top 10 Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier

GOODREADS – It makes searching books so much easier, not to mention checking out what books catches the interests of your friends who have similar likes as you do.

BOOK DEPOSITORY - Makes purchasing books online so much easier and with the free shipping offer, it saves a lot of money.

NETGALLEY - Since ARCs in print are hard to come by for non-US readers like me. Netgalley has become a great means to access advance copies.

RAFFLECOPTER - Seriously, when it comes to giveaways, this made everything less stressful than creating forms and all that.

SOCIAL MEDIA - Specifically Facebook and Instagram (I'd say Twitter too, but I don't have one), they keep me updated on new releases, what's next to come, etc from my favorite authors.

MY JOURNAL - I started one late in 2012 and eased off some of the stress of try to remember what I thought about the book I was currently reviewing. It's always good to take notes.

MY PLANNER - Jotting down a schedule of which book(s) to read for the week/month. Of course I don't always follow it [especially when a highly anticipated book arrives in the mail] but it helps me stay on track of my reading schedule.

BUDDY READING - It makes reading books a lot more fun when you have someone to share them with.

TRANSPARENT BOOK/NOTEBOOK PLASTIC COVER - I know this seems insignificant and you're probably laughing at me right now but I'm very OC about my books. I want to keep them in pristine condition as best as I can so this helps avoid creases, crumples and tears on book covers.

ARRAY OF BOOK BLOGS - I am nothing without the various book blogs already out there even before the thought of blogging crossed my mind. Book bloggers all around the globe helped me tremendously, both as a reader and a book blogger. I love you guys! *hugs*

Well that's my list. How about you? What made your reading/book blogging life easier? 

*Since it's monsoon season for us in the Philippines, and it's raining really crazy and nonstop since Sunday, stay safe people!

6 comments:

  1. Totally agree with buddy reading. It is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer Twitter to Facebook so much better. I just can't keep around on Facebook anymore and it's just keeps annoying me. And while people prefer to organize their thoughts and write drafts online or on some iPhone application, I can't imagine myself without a physical copy of a planner and a notebook! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever had any problems when ordering from the book depository? Like damaged books or books that never came at all? I'm planning to buy several books from the site but I'm still a bit skeptical since I've read a bit of mixed reviews online. I hope you'll by able to help me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabbie! I did in fact encounter problems with the Book Depository. I had a book that took so long to arrive, so I sent them an email regarding it, they were kind enough to send me a replacement. They are very helpful if you have problems with your orders so I'm quite satisfied. :) Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I just really don't wanna waste my money, considering the long wait required before you get the books :) I hope my experience with TBD will be as good as yours!

      Delete
  4. I agree with the whole list! I also have Shelfari which was the first bookish social media I ever used. :)

    Arra
    Style Reader

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you take the time to drop me a line. Thanks! ^_^