Monday, November 17, 2014

Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood Legend by Patrick Shand [ARC REVIEW]

TITLE: Grimm Fairy Tales:
Robyn Hood Legend

AUTHOR: Patrick Shand
PUBLISHER: Zenescope
PUB DATE: Sep 16 2014




Everyone's favorite female archer is back! Robyn thought she lost everything, but when the villainous Guy of Gisbourne makes his way to Earth, Robyn is faced with a choice. Return to Myst to save the people of Nottingham once and for all, or live life as a normal person. The final volume of the fan-favorite Robyn Hood trilogy begins now!

Source: Goodreads



Rating:






I started reading The Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood comic book out of sheer need for artwork inspiration. Finding an interesting story behind the artwork, I then continued on because I wanted to see how the story would evolve. Now, I’ve come to see how it would end (well, on this chapter of Robyn’s life at least).

Let’s cut to the chase, this comic book nearly ripped my heart out! So much that I had to send out a tweet to Patrick Shand telling him: “For a moment there you gave me hope… and then you crushed it!”

Oh that bitter ending!

After all that Robyn had been through, I was hoping so badly to see her have even an ounce of happiness in the end. Damn! It was too much to hope for. And yet in spite of that, I really enjoyed reading this. The action and drama that went on throughout the story was a worthwhile read.

Although, as much as I enjoyed this, I was still left with some unanswered questions about Robyn’s past, was that done intentionally since she has other stories to be released? Or was it not as important to provide closure to? Like who where Robyn’s real parents? Why were people after Robyn during her birth and who was the man trying to protect her then (events that occurred in the first volume)? Did I overlook something?

Nevertheless, out of the three Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood comics (not counting her titles with a different adventure), I’d have to say this one was the best, albeit most painful, among the volumes.



*Thank you, Diamond Book Distributors, Zenescope and NetGalley for granting my request to view Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood Legend.