Sunday, September 13, 2015

Book Haul [36]: Books and Brews Edition



My "Weekly Book Haul" is pretty much just like In My Mailbox by the Story Siren, This Week In Books by Pop Culture Junkie, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews and all the other titles with the similar concept here and there. This is a weekly post showcasing the books you received for the given week, either bought online or from a physical bookstore, borrowed from the library or from a friend, received for review or won from a giveaway, etc.

Hello, everybody! How have you all been doing?

It's been way too long since I last did a book haul post. If you've been following me on Instagram (@blairbookproj), you've probably seen most of my updates there. To sum it all up since my last book haul post: I got married, then pregnant, had a baby girl, and that pretty much took most of my time.

While I've still been doing some reading whenever I can, I barely had time to update my blog, including posting reviews... so, yeah. I suppose today I finally had some free time. Hooray!

So this is a very special edition of my Weekly Book Haul. Over the weekend, I visited a fabulous event called Books and Brews, A Coffee and Book Fair at Eastwood Mall.

(Photo from Eastwood City Facebook Page)
Yep, BOOKS AND COFFEE! The perfect combo! Imagine yourselves walking around various booths with the scent of coffee lingering all around, or maybe you have a cup in hand. *Inhales deeply* Aaaaah! My kind of scene.

I only had a few minutes to spare since I left my little one with my sister to babysit while a rushed off to the fair. It was a 30 minute drive to and 20 minutes back. I spent about 45 minutes from parking my car, browsing booths, purchasing local books, getting frozen yogurt [to go] at one of my fave shops, then back to the parking area.

Here's what I got:


Purchases:
FALL LIKE RAIN by Ana Tejano (Signed Copy)
PAPER PLANES BACK HOME by Tara Frejas (Signed Copy)

Freebies:
IF YOU ONLY KNEW by Claire Du
+ Fall Like Rain Bookmark!

Signed Copies of Fall Like Rain & Paper Planes Back Home! :)
I was practically speed walking all around, but I did manage to chat up with one of my favorite Filipino authors, Mina V. Esguerra, for a few minutes. Sadly, this little brain of mine forgot to ask her to sign the freebie book I got of hers. And I also manage to forget to take a photo with all these authors. Boo! Better luck next time then.

Have a great week, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you take the time to drop me a line. Thanks! ^_^