Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Crash Into You by Katie McGarry [ARC REVIEW]

TITLE: Crash Into You
(Pushing the Limits #3)

AUTHOR: Katie McGarry
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
PUB DATE: Nov 26 2013
From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a romance forged in the fast lane

The girl with straight A's and the perfect life—that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy family…and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker—a guy she has no business even talking to. But after the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.

The last thing Isaiah needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks. But when their shared love of street racing puts their lives in jeopardy, Isaiah and Rachel will have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

- Source: Goodreads

Rating:



“What people project to the world never shows what's lurking on the inside”

I am an obsessive-compulsive reader. Being so, I have to start every series from its first book to the next and the next one respectively. Rarely do I find myself starting of a series with the 2nd or nth installment first then going back.

I was first introduced to this series through Pushing the Limits, and I fell in love with Echo and Noah's story. Seeing as how the author had a compelling writing style, I just had to read all the books that were a part of the series.

Isaiah is probably one of the most loved characters from Pushing the Limits, his humorous persona and unyielding loyalty was a notable factor. So it was really exciting to find that he was the main lead for Katie McGarry's third book from the PtL series, Crash Into You.

I can't say the same for Rachel's character. She'll the 'yang' to Isaiah's 'yin'. Total opposites. She's naive and utterly clueless of things that go beyond her little world, which is understandable given how sheltered she was by her parents and brothers. But that doesn't mean she's completely far off, she has her fair share of spunk and curiosity.

I like Isaiah and Rachel together as a couple. Maybe I'm not too thrilled with how cheesy their lines were when it came to showing their affection for each other, but I like them.

I am not, however, a fan of Rachel's family. I mean, how dysfunctional can you get? I also didn't appreciate how much angst and emo-ness Isaiah showed off. I thought he was the happy one amongst the their group. I got Noah and Beth's story, and I know Isaiah had it bad too. I was just a little taken aback by the idea that there's so much anger within him. He was the witty, unshakable one in the first book.

The plot was pretty basic, although I did find the drag racing bit quite interesting. There's just something about Katie McGarry's writing that makes you keep reading.

Crash Into You is, in my opinion, a so-so book. It there's nothing new to it. It wasn't bad and it was definitely not boring, but there wasn't really anything memorable to note.



*Thank you, Harlequin Teen and NetGalley for granting my request to view Crash Into You.