Monday, May 2, 2016

Monthly Bookish Roundup [April 2016]




Hello, fellow bookworms! It's another month of summer heat on my side of the world. How have you been doing?

My blog has been a little quiet for April so this recap is going to be a lot shorter than the previous ones. Let's begin, shall we?

I've finished only 3 books by the end of the month. Ugh! I feel like I slacked off with my reading time, but thankfully these were really great books! Two trilogies that I loved dearly have released their third and final installment. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski and The Warrior Witch by Danielle L. Jensen were amazingly done. Even though I still had a few questions stuck in my head (I always do), they both had satisfying endings. Makes me sad to see them go, but boy did they give off an incredible goodbye.  Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo was another enjoyable read. I loved every minute of it. I'll try to read more this May though.


I was so happy to have the blog take part in celebrating the release of The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead, and The Rose and The Dagger by Renée Ahdieh. The blog also celebrated the release of the paperback edition of The Secrets We Keep by Trisha Leaver.


Have you checked out the chilling cover design of The Phoenix by Addison Kline? We've got an exclusive glimpse of it here on the blog, be sure to check it out!


Lisa Voisin's The Warrior Prophet made a quick stop on the blog this April and boy is that book cover a bad ass one. Be sure to check out these fabulous books by simply clicking on their promotional banners.


I've only managed to write one review for the month of April: Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally. Seriously. ONE REVIEW. I feel like a horrible book blogger! I'll try to make it up this May, or so help me...



And that about wraps up April. Hello month of May! I'm hoping to be a lot more productive this month. *fingers crossed*

Happy reading!