Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Destiny's Path by Frewin Jones

        
Destiny's Path
(Warrior Princess #2)
by Frewin Jones
Summary from Goodreads:

"Her destiny must be fulfilled . . .

Branwen refuses to take orders from anyone—even the Shining Ones. The ancient gods have marked her as the one fated to save her country from the Saxons. But is she truly ready to be a leader?

Then a messenger from the skies shows her a vision of a bleak and violent future, a future in which Branwen has abandoned her destiny, and those most dear to her suffer unspeakable horrors. There's a blurry line between good and evil, and those Branwen trusts the most are capable of the greatest betrayal. The Shining Ones have spoken. Will Branwen answer their call?"

Rating:

When I read the Warrior Princess, I was dubious about reading Destiny’s Path because Warrior Princess had been excruciating for me to finish. But I decided to give it a chance and maybe it would be bearable to read. Well, to my surprise, Destiny’s Path was better. Still slow paced as it has been from the first but a rather more adventurous one. 

I love that this series is progressively getting more interesting. More characters, more journeys, more blood! (No, I’m not the morbid-type; I just had to let that out. Ha! Ha!) 

The ending opened Branwen to another path that she must take and with her, aside from Rhodri who has been with her since the first book, are five or six other interesting old and new characters to unleash a new adventure. I’m eager to see how their relationships would grow so I’m looking forward to reading the Emerald Flame.