Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fins Are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs

        
Fins Are Forever
(Fins #2)
by Tera Lynn Childs
Summary from Goodreads:

"On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody?

The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?

Tera Lynn Childs’s sequel to Forgive My Fins offers another tail-flicking romance with plenty of fun, sun, and underwater adventure."

Rating:


How fun was this book! 

I liked Forgive My Fins, the first book, but I loved Fins Are Forever. This had more twists and turns than the first one. 

I love Lily’s voice. She’s gotten funnier than she was in Forgive My Fins. I can see how she and Quince *sigh* were really the perfect match; jiving and taunting each other playfully then mushily cuddling and saying sweet-nothings the next. I also like seeing her struggle with the human customs such as tests, college, all that sort. She was just so cute being so stressed out and her underwater/sea-related reactions like, “son of a swordfish,” were so entertaining. Quince *heavier sigh* lived up to his perfect boyfriend image, we all know there’s no such thing as a perfect boyfriend, but I love how he befitted the persona. It’s nice to see a deeper side of Doe, who I hated at first, and Brody as well. 

I also liked that I got to know more about Lily’s kingdom, Thalassinia, and the other places in the aquatic, mermaid world. 

This is such an enjoyable, funny, romantic light read that I finished sooner than I expected. Although, I do have to ask; is there are third book? 'Coz I'd really be happy if there would be.