Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

       
The Iron Daughter
(The Iron Fey #2)
by Julie Kagawa


Summary from Goodreads:

"Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart."

Rating:

Julie Kagawa is truly amazing! I can’t stop saying it! She just continues to make me admire her in every book she writes. 

The Iron Daughter continues to where Winter’s Passage left off. I love how the characters develop through each series. I was so eager to see Puck’s comeback after what happened in the Iron King; and of course, he never failed to make such a fuss over his self. Meghan however, surprised me. I felt she was too much of a damsel-in-distress during the first few chapters but as the book progressed, I was wowed by what she can do! Grim is still Grim, still admirable and annoying at the same time. Ash is… well still gorgeous and everything! *wink* Iron Horse ROCKS!!! I despised him in the first book but I completely adore him here and I’ll truly miss him… *sniff* 

The plot was incredible and this book was a real page-turner. It made me scream for more! More and MORE! I can’t wait to read the Iron Queen!!!