Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston

        
Tempestuous
(Wondrous Strange #3)
by Lesley Livingston
Summary from Goodreads:

"'I don’t love Sonny Flannery.'

With a single lie, seventeen-year-old Kelley manages to protect the boy she loves and send him retreating into a haven for Lost Fae hidden below New York City. If she can figure out who’s after Sonny’s magick and uncover the reason why Janus Guards are being recruited to hunt innocent Faerie, Kelley might stand a chance at getting him back…but not before she must finally confront her own Faerie powers and master them. 

The much-anticipated finale of Lesley Livingston’s ravishing trilogy that began with Wondrous Strange and gathered force in Darklight comes to a stormy head. Fans new and old will revel in the lush romance—and be swept away by the chaotic tempest that’s swirled Kelley and Sonny together."

Rating:

Tempestuous is probably the most adventurous among the series. 

I hated how Darklight ended. Kelley lied about her feelings for Sonny because she wanted to protect him from his own power. I totally felt heartbroken because I’ve fallen in love with both of them from the beginning of this series. 

I will admit that I kind of got lost with all that was happening. First Auberon’s dying, and then there’s the Janus Guards turning rogue, then there’s Sonny’s uncontrollable powers, then on with more and more… It was all swirling around and I couldn’t focus well enough to get through any of it. But as soon as I got back on track, I got really excited about reading the rest of it. 

I like that, although I made assumptions on the treachery and whatever else would happen, Livingston had got me to think twice about what I predicted. So, I’ll be forming a new theory in my head then end up reading what I first thought would happen anyway. Tricky! 

This is a great ending for this trilogy.