Monday, April 16, 2012

The Lost Files: Nine's Legacy [REVIEW]

      
The Lost Files: Nine's Legacy
(The Fallen Legacies #3)
by Pittacus Lore


Summary from Goodreads:

"Number Nine—when John frees him from his cell in the power of six, he’s ferocious, reckless, and ready to fight back. But being held captive changes a person—even a Lorien. See what Nine was like before his capture, and read about his dramatic escape from his point of view.

In I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Nine’s Legacy, discover the story behind Nine. Before meeting John Smith, aka Number Four, before being held prisoner, Nine was hunting down Mogadorians in Chicago with his CÊpan, Sandor. What happened there would change Nine forever..."

Rating:


From the title itself, we can assume that we’re going to be seeing a snippet on Nine’s life. When the first short story of I Am Number Four: The Lost Files came out, it was about Six. I enjoyed the book but since I’ve already read the Power of Six (Lorien Legacies #2) prior to it, I felt that it was sort of a letdown since I’ve caught a glimpse of it from Power of Six. Now, if I read Six’s Legacy (Lorien Legacies #0.5) first, I probably would’ve been blown away by the story. div>

Alright, I’m babbling about those books when I’m supposed to be talking about Nine’s Legacy (Lorien Legacies #2.5). So, what’s my point behind all that? Well, Six’s life was very interesting but I have to say that Nine’s story was way, way, WAY better!

Truly every man’s downfall begins with a girl. Oh poor Nine/Stanley. All it took was crushing on a beautiful girl and the lack of variation in his everyday routine to make his comfortably lavish life crumble in front of him.

I never really played favorites when it comes to books with a set of leading characters but right now, Nine is my favourite among the characters from this series. This short preview of his life was all it took for him to touch my heart.

Again, I really enjoyed this book. And I can’t wait for the Rise of the Nine (Lorien Legacies #3). One thing I hope for though: is that there would be NO FREE REPEAT of this on the third book. Please! A few sentences or so would be fine but if this comes out like how Six’s story came about – NOT OKAY!  It would just spoil the experience.