Sunday, July 8, 2012

Book Haul [6]


I haven't thought of a name for a weekly meme of book hauls so let's just go with what's posted above.

For now, I'll call this the "Whatever it's called" Book Haul. It's only temporary, I swear. I just haven't thought of a clever name for it. So this is pretty much just like In My Mailbox by the Story Siren and This Week In Books by Pop Culture Junkie and all the other titles with the similar concept here and there. This is a weekly post showcasing the books you received for the given week, either bought online or from a physical bookstore, borrowed from the library or from a friend, received for review or won from a giveaway, etc.

Hi there! 

Wow! How long has it been since my last book haul post? I've been on a hectic schedule for the past few weeks so forgive the absence. 

Anyway, I have a few books in for this week's post. I haven't actually gotten the time to go to bookstores recently so this is going to be a short list.


A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL by Suzanne Young
THE SELECTION by Kiera Cass
SCARLET by A.C. Gaughen (Review Available HERE)
GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers (Review Available HERE)

Swag:
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings BOOKMARKS
Book Depository: "Fish you should not eat" BOOKMARK

So that's it for me, let me show you a few things I had my hands full with for a couple of weeks:

Goodreads - The Filipino Group
Photo originally from Maria @ Bookchilla: Reading is the ultimate aphrodisiac
I finally got the chance to meet with the Goodreads: The Filipino Group during one of the Face-to-Face discussions. I only went there to observe but I had fun meeting them.


My cousin's daughter (my niece), Catherina is welcomed by the entire clan to the Christian world! 

Agnes                                                                                 Hanna

And then those two kept keeping me busy with all their vet schedules, not to mention baths and grooming and everything in between. 

And of course a whole pile of books that need to be trimmed down. LOL.

Your turn, WHAT DID YOU GET THIS WEEK? Let me know and I'll be sure to check them out!
Happy reading!

16 comments:

  1. A Need So Beautiful sounds interesting. The Selection was okay for me but I hope you enjoy it!
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stack! I just got A Want So Wicked, the sequel to A Need So Beautiful! It's an awesome book. Grave Mercy and Scarlet need to be on my list too. Those dogs are so cute!

    Stop by my IMM?: http://dream-wish-live.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read A Need So Beautiful. I keep saying I'm going to get a copy and then never do. And I have The Selection but haven't read it yet. Too many books, not enough time.


    Mind checking out my IMM?
    Have a great week!
    -Danie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! I cannot wait to read Grave mercy! Scarlett looks so awesome too!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! Grave Mercy is EXCELLENT!

    I still need to read The Selection and a big big yay for A Need So Beautiful!

    Happy reading :-D

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! I have the Selection on my TBR this month. Hopefully it is as good as the hype says it is! Enjoy all of your books! Congrats to your niece!

    Here's my IMM- http://youngatheartbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-14.html

    McKenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your niece! (And aunt.. and her husband.. and the whole family. Alas, you know what I mean! :D)

    And I really like your haul! I still have to buy some of the books - and read the other part v_v - but I have heard good things about them, so.. *grin* Anyway, hope you enjoy! (And the thing about the Goodreads group is awesome!)

    Patricia // My Week & Haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some awesome books! I loved SCARLET and A NEED SO BEAUTIFUL. Enjoy them all!

    Stop by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! A Need So Beautiful! I hope to finally read it soon! I hope you enjoy all your books ) Check out my shelves:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great set! Yay for Grave Mercy. It was one of my favorite books of the year. Glad you like it too.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those all sound amazing! :) I have Grave Mercy and The Selection but I haven't read it yet. Also, I'm so jealous of Scarlet and A Need So Beautiful! :) I hope you enjoy all your books!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Selection: wasn't a fan but I hope you like it better.
    Scarlet:Need to check this out, been seeing it around a lot.

    Goodreads pinoy team: One of the girls looks familiar, I think I worked with her before but I forgot her name :D she's the one wearing a grey shirt w/black cardigan & glasses.

    Our BB&B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her name's Kristel. Wow that would be such a coincidence. What a small world. LOL.

      Delete
  13. Great haul! I'm dyiung to read all of the ones you got :)
    Enjoy!+New GFC follower :)
    Here's my IMM post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grave Mercy & Scarlet are books I've been eye-ing up! I hope you enjoy them and your others.

    Here is my weekly round up post
    It was a slow week for us!
    Lauren from Northern Plunder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, awesome book haul!! :)

    New follower.

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you take the time to drop me a line. Thanks! ^_^