Monday, July 2, 2012

Legacy Lost by Anna Banks [SHORT REVIEW]

        
Legacy Lost
(Of Poseidon #0.5)
by Anna Banks

Summary from Goodreads:

"He is a mer-prince, she is the mermaid princess that his family orders him to marry so that their kingdoms unite. Grom dreads this arrangement, until he meets Nalia — both beautiful and smart, she's everything he ever wanted. But just when their connection grows deeper, tragedy strikes. Legacy Lost is a prequel story to Anna Banks' debut novel, OF POSEIDON."

Rating:

For those of you who want to read Legacy Lost, just click the link below:



Now if you’ve already read Of Poseidon by Anna Banks then I guess you’re as curious as I am about what exactly happened between Grom and Nalia before this whole feud between the Poseidon and Triton descendants’ occurred. Well, Legacy Lost is a short but interesting story about these two love birds.

As usual, monarchies tend to have war between their kingdoms, leaving a royal family member from each side with the burden to resolve this conflict without shedding blood from both parties; of course the most “reasonable” answer is an arranged marriage.  Grom and Nalia, both first born and third generation of their respective kingdoms, are caught up in a similar situation. The reason behind their arranged marriage though, is to preserve the gifts of the generals.

 I wasn’t really expecting anything too big from this prequel but I was really curious about what did trigger Nalia’s decision in Of Poseidon. I thought that it would be explained here in Legacy Lost. Unfortunately it didn’t even come close to that. It did give me the reason why Grom had gone so stoic and rather kept to himself but the main reason why I read this was to see the reason behind Nalia’s actions. Rather, this was just the story of how Nalia and Grom got together and how things ended between them.

Although I found this cute, I think it was too short and a little of a crazy balance on the pacing. By crazy I mean disconnectedly in way that seems hard for me to elaborate... I don’t know, I guess since there wasn’t really much to analyze on, I didn’t bother to give it much thought either.