The Filipino ReaderCon is near! Take part in this awesome meme, just visit this link and let's all spread the word!
"Celebrating the Best. In honor of the first Filipino Readers’ Choice Awards, let’s talk about our favorites for this year. What are your favorite books in 2012 so far? Have you read any awesome Filipino books in the year? If yes, make sure to include them in your list!"
Favorite Books in 2012… so far.
When it comes to books, I feel that “favorite” is such a strong word, it’s seriously hard to pick from them. For some reason, I feel that I love the books I’ve read in different ways, so comparing each one hardly seems fair. I feel like a mom choosing which among her children her favorite is, and we know that’s not possible (most of the time). I also don’t want to hurt the feelings of my babies (books). LOL. Anyway, I’ll just go with some of the books that I gave 5-star ratings to on Goodreads.
- The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. I love Julie Kagawa’s books and the Immortal Rules is no exception. There’s something about her writing style, characters and stories that makes them so memorable to me.
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. I don’t know what the mix of assassins, mystery, fantasy, historical fiction, and a twist of romance does to make me giddy and love the stories. I’m more of an action-packed book kind of reader, but if those are involved I give in even with minimal action scenes.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I’ve always loved retellings; I don’t think I can stress that out enough. So a futuristic, sci-fi take on the classic Cinderella story… yes, please!
- Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep. Another thing that always grabs my attention is Mythology, so I absolutely loved this one.
- Eona by Alison Goodman. Hefty book but I savored it nonetheless.
Although I’m still currently reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (I loved the novellas by the way), I’m already so hooked that I see myself giving it a 5-star rating. Like I said about Grave Mercy (they have the same mix)… I just couldn’t help it.
Filipino Books read in 2012 (so far as well).
I’ve only read three (3) books written by Filipino authors as of this year. Wow, I’m embarrassed. I’m working on that I swear. Anyway, I really liked That Kind of Guy by Mina V. Esguerra. I’m not much of a Chic Lit fan but I enjoyed it either way. And if it’s written by Mina, well I always make room for her books.
So that’s it for this week’s Filipino Friday and the last one. *sob*
I am looking forward to tomorrow’s event. Hopefully I get to attend.