|Top Ten Books To Have In Your Beach Bag|
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that bloggers are welcome to join in and answer.
Hello there! It's a rewind edition for this week's Top Ten Tuesday, and since it's summer vacation here in the Philippines, also that I'm going on beach trips in the coming weekends (I'll be in Batangas on the 21st, then a 3-day vacation on the 28th in... Boracay! Woohoo!) I decided to go for the "top ten books to have in your beach bag" topic. It's very apt, isn't it?
I've been accustomed to reading so much dark, brooding stories over the past few days that I thought beach trips would also be a good time to go for light kind of stories, so here are some suggestions that might help you relax but also get your dose of good reads.
HEIST SOCIETY by Ally Carter
- You're in for some jet-setting and maybe a little thievery on the side. Plus Hale's here so...*giggles*
FORGIVE MY FINS by Tera Lynn Childs
- I like a cute fantasy story now and then, and Tera Lynn's Fins series is just that.
OF POSEIDON by Anna Banks
- A light mermaid story with a little mythological twist
STEALING PARKER by Miranda Kenneally
- or rather pretty much anything Miranda Kenneally has written, they're really fun to read on the beach. A picture of serenity... *sigh*
ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins
- I think this is one of those ultimate must reads of all time...anywhere as well, and the beach is a good spot.
UNEARTHLY by Cynthia Hand
- is Tucker a good enough reason? Yes he is. LOL.
THE IRON KING by Julie Kagawa
- just because I love it. Ha! Ha!
SCARLET by Marissa Meyer
- amazing sequels just make you want to read them anywhere, anytime!
SAVING JUNE by Hannah Harrington
- I'm planning to read this over the weekend, and since I'll probably on the road to Batangas, I'll be hanging on to it over the course of the trip... also once we get to the beach. :)
FRAGMENTS by Dan Wells
- Fragments you are coming with me to Boracay! I'm on a scheduled buddy read with Maria @ Bookchilla so yeah, this one's in the bag.