Friday, January 24, 2014

Grimm Fairy Tales: Realm Knights by Patrick Shand [ARC REVIEW]

TITLE: Grimm Fairy Tales: Realm Knights
AUTHOR: Patrick Shand
PUBLISHER: Zenescope
PUB DATE: Jul 8 2014


Summary from Goodreads:

"Sela. Robyn Hood. Red Riding Hood. Captain Hook. Neptune, God of the Sea. Van Helsing. On their own, they are some of the most powerful beings in the Grimm Universe... but together, they are the Realm Knights! Brought together to stop an ancient evil from regaining his all-powerful weapons, can these conflicted warriors work out their own issues in time to save the world?"

Rating:



Curiouser and curiouser. These Grimm Fairy Tales are growing on me... well, mostly the ones that Patrick Shand wrote. I tried the other Grimm Fairy Tales from a different author but I just got lost and confused over what was going on.

Anyway, so here we meet the Realm Knights. They are kind of like the fairy tale and mythology counterparts of the Justice League and Avengers. Pretty cool, huh?

The artwork, as always, is commendable. I love the outfits, albeit a little revealing.

I love the wittiness of the characters, although it’s kind of hard to identify the kind of personality each one has. The one thing that I seem to have noticed from them is that they all had different agendas toward joining this organization. And yet, all the more reason for me to read the rest of their individual stories. I’ve only read Robyn Hood’s story, and it makes me curious to see how she and Red Riding Hood actually met, and what history has been formed there.

Aside from their own adventures, I’m also excited to see what comes next for these knights. After all, they are the protectors of the Realm and we all know there isn’t only one villain in every story.



*Thank you, NetGalley and Zenescope for the copy of Grimm Fairy Tales: Realm Knights.