Thursday, January 16, 2014

Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood + Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood: Wanted by Patrick Shand [ARC REVIEW]

TITLE: Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood
AUTHOR: Patrick Shand
PUBLISHER: Zenescope
PUB DATE: Mar 12 2013

Summary from Goodreads:

"In the land of Myst, a tryant rules the city of Bree with an iron fist, leaving its citizens living in fear and terror. But all hope is not lost as a young orphan girl from another world discovers her destiny and becomes the legend she was meant to be. The creators of Grimm Fairy Tales, Wonderland, and Neverland bring you the next great hero in the Grimm Universe!"

Rating:

I have to admit that the main reason I requested to view this title on Netgalley was because of the artwork. I’m a CG artist by profession so gathering inspiration and viewing all sorts of artwork comes with the job. When I came across the cover of Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood, I was incredibly drawn to it. It’s fantastical, bad-ass, and sexy, albeit a little bloody; it was just alluring!

The story itself was dark and... Well, bloody; definitely living up to what that gorgeous cover seems to promise. As most comics/graphic books go, this was a short read, and the story was laid out as a typical vigilante plot, you know, thirst for justice and whatnot. Accompanying this was the mystery of Robyn’s past and all the prophecy talk that I happen to be still as just clueless about in the beginning up until the end.


Although not as spectacular as I was hoping, Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood comes off to be a notable way of reinventing the classic story of Robin Hood, a thief who steals from the rich and gives to the poor. But, really, what I adore about this is the artwork! Beautiful! Some are too sexy and comes off a cliché image of a female super heroine, or anti-heroine (?), but still beautifully crafted.



TITLE: Grimm Fairy Tales:
Robyn Hood: Wanted

AUTHOR: Patrick Shand
PUBLISHER: Zenescope
PUB DATE: Jan 7 2014

Summary from Goodreads:

"As a mysterious villain calling himself "the Sheriff" begins to terrorize Nottingham, the people that Robyn once liberated are again in need of her help. But with the police searching for her on Earth, Robyn has her own problems. Can Robyn rise up and be the hero that Nottingham needs, or will she be forced to face the consequences of her own actions? Find out in the sequel to the fan-favorite series, Robyn Hood: Wanted!"

Rating:

Oooh! A sequel to Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood!

That was my first reaction to seeing Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood: Wanted on Netgalley. I was really surprised to find that there is a sequel. The first comic book was already good on its own, but a new adventure for Robyn wouldn’t hurt. So, yay!

While I was drawn to the first volume because of the artwork, this time around I’m here to see how the story continues on. Still I love the artwork just as much, no argument there.

I’m really happy to see a much lighter side of Robyn. She’s always been the lonesome type, and seeing the way she opens up to Will seems to feel like breath of fresh air.

If I didn’t expect a sequel from the first book, I am definitely waiting to see the third volume from this story. That ending! Oh my goodness! I need to see what happens next for Robyn. Oh, our poor girl. *sniff*



*Thank you, Zenescope and NetGalley for the copy of Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood and Grimm Fairy Tales: Robyn Hood: Wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you take the time to drop me a line. Thanks! ^_^