Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year. New Challenges.


Hello!!! Happy New Year, bookworms!

How has your holiday been? I hope you had a wonderful time spending your Christmas and New Year with family and friends.

This 2014, I am vowing to lessen my book purchases (for now) and trim down my book piles, both print and electronic. The reasons are: (1) I have too many unread books and purchasing new ones would only add to the pile; (2) I have literally ran out of shelf space and have yet time to get new shelves, plus I have no room to put any new furniture in my room [oh, the horror!]; (3) My money shall be spent elsewhere, my wedding is in less than 4 months so... [*sigh* the sacrifices I must make. I kid. LOL]

Now, it's time to get the reading piles sorted and listed down.

Here are the challenges I'll be participating in:

2014 Goodreads Reading Challenge

Goal: 75+ Books

Since I'm betting on a very busy first half of this year, I lessened my reading challenge number from 100 to 75 books.



2014 YA Contemporary Challenge
Goal: 5+ Books

I have yet to complete my list of books and provide a page for the list of books I'm going to read but for now here are a few:

DON'T LOOK BACK by Jennifer L. Armentrout
PANIC by Lauren Oliver
ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER by Stephanie Perkins
BIGGEST FLIRTS by Jennifer Echols

(Wow.. that's a short list. I'll add more, I swear.)

2014 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge

2014 Netgalley Reading Challenge
2014netgalleychallenge

These two are probably one and the same, only hosted by different blog sites so, I'm counting one list for both:

Goal: 10+ Books

GRIM by Ellen Hopkins, Julie Kagawa, Amanda Hocking, Claudia Gray, Rachel Hawkins, etc.
SHINOBI by Cole Gibsen
COUNTDOWN by Michelle Rowen
HER DARK CURIOSITY by Megan Shepherd
DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS by Jennifer Echols
SCORCHED by Mari Mancusi
PANIC by Lauren Oliver
UNINVITED by Sophie Jordan
NIL by Lynne Matson
THE MURDER COMPLEX by Lindsay Cummings

2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge

Goal: 15+ Books

FALL OF FIVE by Pittacus Lore
ANTIGODDESS by Kendare Blake
ELEANOR & PARK by Rainbow Rowell
DECEPTION by C.J. Redwine
THE 5TH WAVE by Rick Yancey
HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN by J.K. Rowling
ROMEO REDEEMED by Stacey Jay
THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO by Patrick Ness
THE DEMON KING by Cinda Williams Chima
THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner
RISE by Anna Carey
REPLICA by Jenna Black
THE ELITES by Natasha Ngan
WELCOME TO ENVY PARK by Mina V. Esguerra
THE ELITE by Kiera Cass

I did say I'm aiming to trim down my pile so, yes, the TBR Pile is my utmost priority.
Any of you up for these challenges?

Happy reading!