Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi [ARC REVIEW]

TITLE: Into the Still Blue
(Under the Never Sky #3)

AUTHOR: Veronica Rossi
PUBLISHER: HarperCollins
PUB DATE: Jan 28 2014
The earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's "masterpiece" Under the Never Sky trilogy and sequel to the New York Times bestselling Through the Ever Night (Examiner.com).

Their love and their leadership have been tested. Now it's time for Perry and Aria to unite the Dwellers and the Outsiders in one last desperate attempt to bring balance to their world.

The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe-haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do-and they are just as determined to stay together.

Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. And when Roar returns to camp, he is so furious with Perry that he won't even look at him, and Perry begins to feel like they have already lost.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble a team to mount an impossible rescue mission-because Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival, he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her stunning Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

- Source: Goodreads

Rating:



“What brought you out here Aria?” he asked.
She looked up, right into his eyes. “I needed to find you.”
“I know,” he said. “The second I left you, I felt the same way.”

There are only a few couples that can make me swoon so much, even with just the tiniest details, as Perry and Aria. I’ve read Brooke’s novella beforehand and it got me really excited to read about Perry and Aria once again. And I must say I am so glad they did not fail me. Err… with regards to their relationship, that is.

I have no qualms over this lovely couple’s connection. The kind of love they have for each other is so gushy and sweet and all things colorful (I know it sounds like I’m describing Sugarland with lots of rainbows all around, but it is how it is). I love the moments that Perry and Aria had, even the times where my dear, sweet Perry was in pain.

What I do feel a little disappointed with, as my reading buddy, Maria @ Reading is the Ultimate Aphrodisiac has brought up in her review, is the anti-climactic events that befell our villains. I mean, come on! Perry had suffered so much in this book, not to mention all the heartaches he felt in the other books. And yet villains get sudden, almost-instant death? Hey! They put our heroes through hell and all, dammit! Seriously, Ms. Rossi, which side are you on anyway?

Veronica Rossi’s Under the Never Sky trilogy has the kind of world-building that would garner uncertainty in the mind of any reader. No matter how much of a veteran reader you think you’ve already become, this world was overwhelming, and not exactly an easy environment you can get settled into. This is probably a kind of breaking point for this series. I’m glad I stuck through with first book because not only did I adore it in the end, I came to love book two even more, and now I got to witness a sweet ending for my two favorite characters. I can’t say that I absolutely loved this book, but I can’t argue that this finale had given me closure.