Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That Made Me Swoon

Top Ten Books That Made Me Swoon
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list  that bloggers are welcome to join in and answer. 

I absolutely love this topic!

I had my fair share of swoon moments over books in a variety of genres. I gushed, I squealed, I giggled and had my heart race over the sweet nothing exchanges of book couples I have learned to love over the course of their journeys and stories. So expect to see me cheat (a lot!) on this top ten.

I'm probably not going to make much sense if I divulge details so I'll add up some of my favorite quotes from the books instead.


UNDER THE NEVER SKY TRILOGY by Veronica Rossi

Perry and Aria!!! There are just couples that absolutely fit each other. And these two are just that!

“That was my first kiss," she said. "My first real one."
He brought his head close, resting his forehead on hers. Blond waves fell around her face, soft against her cheeks. His chest rose and fell as he drew in a breath. "Felt like the first real one for me, too.” – Under the Never Sky

“I miss you.
I miss you. I miss you, I miss you.
Be ready, because when I see you, I'll never let you go again.” – Through the Ever Night

“They'd taken their greatest strength and hidden it like a weakness.
"Should we try this again?" he asked.
Aria smiled. "The right way," she said, and wove her fingers through his. "Together.” – Through the Ever Night

“What brought you out here Aria?” he asked.
She looked up, right into his eyes. “I needed to find you.”
“I know,” he said. “The second I left you, I felt the same way.” – Into the Still Blue

RAZORLAND TRILOGY by Ann Aguirre

The absolute kick-ass partners – Deuce and Fade! And the ending of Horde (Book 3) was an absolute win!

“We stood back-to-back, blocking and striking in harmony; sometimes it felt like his arms and legs were an extension of me. I could count on him to keep them off me from behind.” – Enclave

“I want to drag you off and hide you away,” he whispered.
“Why?”
“I always knew you were beautiful, but now everyone else will too. I won’t be able to keep other boys away from you, and it’ll make me crazy.” – Outpost

“Because I love you.' It was easy to say it this time now that I understood what it meant. Then I quoted his own words back to him. 'Not just when it's easy. All the time.” – Horde

CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas

Although it was a blissful romance followed by a heart-wrenching breakup, I got to admit this made me swoon. Way to go, Captain Westfall! *Rawr!*

“It was like coming home or being born or suddenly finding an entire half of herself that had been missing…The rest of the world quieted into nothing. In that moment, after ten long years, Celaena looked at Chaol and realized she was home.”

“Why are you crying?" (Chaol)
"Because," she whispered, her voice shaking, "you remind me of what the world ought to be. What the world can be.” - Celaena

“I worry because I care. Gods help me, I know I shouldn't, but I do. So I willalways tell you to be careful, because I will always care what happens.” – Chaol

SCARLET by Marissa Meyer

I love the all the books from the Lunar Chronicles (well, at least the three books that are already out) but I find Wolf and Scarlet the most adorable couple of all the other couples from this series. And it just crushed me to see Wolf so torn over what happened in Cress. Hang in there, Wolf.

“I knew they would kill me when they found out, but…” He struggled for words, releasing a sharp breath. “I think I realized that I would rather die because I betrayed them, than live because I betrayed you.”  – Wolf

But you're the only one, Scarlet. You'll always be the only one.” – Wolf

“Wolf, are you asking me to be ... your alpha female?"
He hesitated.
Scarlet couldn't help it - she burst into laughter. "Oh - I'm sorry. That was mean. I know I shouldn't tease you about this."
Still grinning, she made to retract her hand, but he was suddenly gripping it, refusing to relinquish the touch. "You just look so scared, like I'm going to disappear any minute. We're stuck on a spaceship, Wolf. I'm not going anywhere."
His lips twitched, his nervousness beginning to ease away, though his hand stayed tense over hers.
"Alpha female," he murmured. "I sort of like that."
Beaming, Scarlet gave a mild shrug. "It could grow on me.”

See? ADORABLE!

THE ASSASSIN’S CURSE DUOLOGY by Cassandra Rose Clarke

Ananna and Naji have got to be the most insufferable couple (to each other) that I have ever met.

“You know, that pissed me off. We'd traveled half around the world to get to him, and there were monsters chasing us and Naji's curse was impossible to break, and here he was cracking jokes about our professions.” - Ananna

LUX SERIES by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Katy and Daemon. Daemon and Katy. ‘nuff said.

“Daemon: I checked out your blog.
Katy: Stalking me again, I see. Do I need to get a restraining order?
Daemon: In your dreams, Kitten. Oh wait, I'm already starring in those, aren't I?
Katy: Nightmares, Daemon. Nightmares.” – Obsidian

“Cookie?" he offered, holding a cookie full of chocolate chips.
Upset tummy or not, there was no way I could refuse that. "Sure."
His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine. "Come and get it."
Come and get...? Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere...” – Onyx

“Kitten..." "Don't Kitten me." I scowled, on a roll now. "You left around five or so and didn't get back till when? Past two in the morning? What were you guys doing? And get that stupid smile off your face. This isn't funny." Daemon tried to get rid of the smile but failed. "I love when your claws come out.”  – Opal

“Did you think you could stop me?" Power shot from me, smacking into the door behind Dawson, blowing it off the hinges and into the house. "I'll burn the world down to save her.”  – Origin

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS by Stephanie Perkins

Oh yes, Anna and Etienne. So cute!

“I love you as certain dark things are loved, secretly, between the shadow and the soul.”

“I'm saying I'm in love with you! I've been in love with you this whole bleeding year!”

THE IRON FEY SERIES by Julie Kagawa

Ash and Meghan!!! My ultimate fave couple of all time! I haven’t stopped swooning over these two even now in the spin off.

“I licked my lips and whispered, "Is this where you say you'll kill me?"
One corner of his lips curled. "If you like," he murmured, a flicker of amusement finally crossing his face. "Though it's gotten far too interesting for that.” – The Iron King

“Don't leave," I whispered, tightening my hold. "Never leave me again. Stay with me. Forever." The winter prince smiled, a small, easy smile, and lowered his lips to mine. "I promise.” – The Iron Daughter

“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.” – The Iron Queen

“I have come from the End of the World. From the River of Dreams, through the gauntlet and the Briar and the Deep Wyld, in order to stand before you today. I have but one request—to take my place at your side. To resume my duty as your knight, and to protect you and your kingdom for as long as I draw breath.” – The Iron Knight

WHITE RABBIT CHRONICLES by Gena Showalter

I love me some Cole “Hottie McHottie” Holland!

“Are you trying to tell me that you've never been kissed?"
I pressed my tongue to the roof of my mouth. He looked so dubious, and his tone had borderd on insulting. "Yeah. So?"
"So, I'm shocked, that's all. You're...you."
In-sul-ting."Me?" I asked stiffly.
"Yeah. Hot," he said.
Wait. Me? HOT?
He laughed down at me."No one's told you that, either, have they?"
I could only shake my head.
"You've clearly been hanging around idiots.” – Alice in Zombieland

“You know,” Cole said. “My mom once told me a boy would know he’d become a man when he stopped putting himself first. She said a girl would come along and I wouldn’t be able to get her out of my mind. She said this girl would frustrate me, confuse me, and challenge me, but she would also make me do whatever was necessary to be a better man–the man she needed. With you, I want to be better. I want to be what you need. Tell me what you need.” – Alice Through the Zombieglass

GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers

Sweet, sweet Duval!

“Whenever you are ready, or if you never are, my heart is yours, until Death do us part. Whatever that may mean when consorting with one of Death’s handmaidens."  – Duval

“Every time he glances at me I feel it just as surely as if he has reached out and run his finger along my soul. It is all I can do not to smile at the sheer wonder of it.”  – Ismae

And there you have it! How about you? Show me a link to your list 'cause I'm dying to gush with you. :D