Sunday, September 20, 2015

Book Haul [37]: MIBF 2015 Edition



My "Weekly Book Haul" is pretty much just like In My Mailbox by the Story Siren, This Week In Books by Pop Culture Junkie, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews and all the other titles with the similar concept here and there. This is a weekly post showcasing the books you received for the given week, either bought online or from a physical bookstore, borrowed from the library or from a friend, received for review or won from a giveaway, etc.

Happy Sunday, everybody! How has your week been?

It has been a busy week for me but not too busy to spend at least one day at one of my favorite times of the year. No, it's not Christmas (yet)... It is none other than. . .

[drum rolls sounding]

Photo from MIBF Facebook Page

That's right! The 36th Manila International Book Fair! Woohoo! 

This is the closest BEA kind of event we get here in the Philippines. Yay books! Here's a little fact sheet from the MIBF site:


Yup. It's a pretty exciting week for book lovers here in Manila.

We have arrived, people! :)
I went on Thursday, September 17th, with my friend Genieve (she's a fabulous photographer, check out her site: gnivmcelada.wordpress.com, she also happens to be my daughter's godmother) around lunch time to avoid the horrid traffic of the streets. I brought my daughter along with me since I didn't have a babysitter available that day. Thankfully it was one of those days that miraculously has bearable traffic. As in you won't get stuck for 2-3 hours on the road.

(L-R: Genieve, my daughter Kyara [look at that face!], & Me)
It was a day well spent. I'm so grateful that my daughter was in a good mood (although she did want to be carried most of the time instead of riding her stroller), that we were able to make rounds to several booths without so much fuss.

So here are the books that I took home:


TITLES:

[Purchased from Fully Booked]

WONDER by R.J. Palacio
THE FATE OF TEN by Pittacus Lore

[Purchased from Visprint]
ALTERNATIVE ALAMAT edited by Paolo Chikiamco

[Purchased from Adarna House]
JANUS SILANG AT ANG TIYANAK NG TABON by Edgar Calabia Samar
JANUS SILANG AT ANG LABANANG MANANANGGAL-MAMBABARANG by Edgar Calabia Samar


I deliberately chose to purchase titles by Filipino authors this year since I mostly purchase International titles a lot. I thought it would be a good change to go for the local titles.

And there you have it! That's it for me for this year's book fair. How about you? Care to share your experience on attending the MIBF or any other book fair? What did you get? Let me know in the comments section!

Have a good weekend and happy reading! :)