Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

        
Before I Fall
by Lauren Oliver
Summary from Goodreads:

"What if you had only one day to live? 
What would you do?
Who would you kiss? 

And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: the world's most crush-worthy boyfriend, three amazing best friends, and first pick of everything at Thomas Jefferson High—from the best table in the cafeteria to the choicest parking spot. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life.

Instead, it turns out to be her last.
Then she gets a second chance. Seven chances, in fact. Reliving her last day during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing."

Rating:

*Sniff.. Sniff..* 
Okay, let me just wipe a few tears from my eyes for a second here. 

I don’t really know where to start… This book is really SOMETHING. 
At first I thought it was just about a typical popular teenager who died and all that but Before I Fall takes readers to a really special realm. It’s packed with full emotion. You’d feel hate, cruelty, wanting the taste of revenge, then you’d feel sad, feel like crying, even cry a little, yet you’d feel hopeful and want to change the way things turned about. 

Oliver has awed me with this magnificent tale. She also crafted characters that, despite the fact that they’re people who deserve to be hated, are exceptional. And reminds me so much that my optimism towards thinking that there’s always something good in everyone, is not nonsense. She also reminds you of how we people come to these moments where we seem to forget how valuable the things we have right now. 

I have to admit that I did struggle with the first chapters of this book; it was slow and unexciting, but if you stick around a bit, you won’t regret the time you’ve spent reading it. And I can honestly say that there was a lot of heart put into creating this wonderful book.