Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rambling #1: Serenity today, anxiety tomorrow.

-This is a non-book related post-

So for the past few months, I've been sitting in front of my computer for more than eight hours a day, working on my school project. After finally getting to the point of almost finishing it, I took a break for the weekend on a trip to beautiful island of Boracay, Philippines with hubby and his family.


Walking along the shore of
White Beach, Boracay
Yay! Finally getting away from the hustle and bustle of city life, three days on the island was really relaxing and fun for me. Although the monsoons/typhoons kicked in some rain showers and strong winds, not to mention the high waves, we got to experience a lot of activities on our short vacation.

So what'd we do? 

DAY ONE. Upon arrival, we did the basics: checked into the hotel, had a late lunch, did a little exploring and of course took a swim at the beach.

Quite a view, isn't it?  I would've loved to see that sun set but we had to go back to the hotel and get some rest since we have had quite a day with traveling and all.

DAY TWO. This is when all the fun began. We woke up at 7:30AM and claimed our free breakfast at the hotel. After that, we headed for our "Island Hopping" activity. 

First, we headed for Crocodile Island and went snorkeling. I don't have any good pictures to show of that, so sorry. 

Next was getting to Crystal Cove Island, where we explored the two small caves underneath that beautiful view were you get to have lunch. 

You can even take a short swim too. 

Feeding the fishes.
There's this annoying little blue fish
that keeps biting off my skin. Grrr!
We also tried the Helmet Diving activity, where I almost chickened-out for fear that we'd be going way deep down the sea. 

Turns out it wasn't that deep. Silly me! 

When we got back to our hotel, hubby and I also tried out checking the bars at night and walking along the shore.

DAY THREE. Got us all hyped of trying to make the most out of our last day. We went for a banana-boat ride, and shopped for a few souvenirs before we packed up and headed home. 


After a day's rest upon arriving back to Manila here's what greeted me.

  • Finalizing my animation project (I'll try to post as soon as I'm able to.)
  • Doing the chores and/or errands my mom asked me to do before I left (which is probably piling up)
  • I've got to have my passport renewed for my upcoming job (which has expired in 1994. Sheesh!)
  • I've got a freelance work that I need to tweak on.
  • Got to submit my final requirements at school ASAP.
  • I need to take my dogs to the vet for their boosters.
  • Have my dogs groomed soon since they can't see with all the fur blocking their eyes.
  • I've got to get back to sketching for a sole project I'm planning on doing. It's book related, I hope it turns out amazing. ^_^
  • What's worse is I'm three books behind on my reading challenge :(
Nevertheless, it's still good to be back home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your thoughts and I hope you take the time to drop me a line. Thanks! ^_^