Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick

        
Forgotten
by Cat Patrick

Summary from Goodreads:

"Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies."

Rating:


I am at awe with the premise of this book. It reminds me a little of the movie “50 First Dates” but with a rather different twist.

Forgotten is a story of a 16 year-old girl named London who goes to sleep and wakes up with no memory of the day before. She writes notes at night reminding her of what happened and what she needs to do. Another catch is that she has flashbacks of the future… or rather flash-forwards.

London is a character that I admire a lot. The way she deals with her life’s dilemma is really commendable. She’s strong and she does the best she can to make it seem like she’s normal, but even the strongest person can turn vulnerable at times and when she had a little meltdown over the burden she’s carrying, I couldn’t blame her. I don’t even know what I’d do if I where in her shoes. I wouldn’t want to encounter precious moments in life and have them taken away in just a few hours.

I also like the character of Luke. Finally! A typical guy with no super powers, non-mythical, not so brawny and not the overly emo kind; just a normal guy who’s in love with a girl. Oh! This is so fresh and I love it!

I wasn’t expecting the reason behind London’s condition. I always thought that she might’ve been in an accident or something but I didn’t expect that there was an even deeper story behind it. When I came about the ending, after all that had been revealed, I felt that this part left me hanging for more. I feel like it just wasn’t finished yet.

Nonetheless, Forgotten is one of the most beautiful, simple stories that I have ever read! I rarely read books that have drama but this is one that I would love to read over again. A definite page-turner and a very heartwarming story!