Monday, September 22, 2014

Manila International Book Fair 2014

Hello, fellow bookworms!

It is that time of the year again, and I'm not talking about Christmas (yet).

It's the 35th Manila International Book Fair!

Source: http://www.manilabookfair.com

I was supposed to go on Friday, September 19th but due to typhoon Mario, I had to reschedule. So I went with a good friend of mine, Genieve (check out her site: http://gnivmcelada.wordpress.com/), Saturday, September 20th. Since I knew the weekend would bring about a throng of people to the area, which also means heavy traffic, we decided to go to the MIBF before lunch time.

There were a lot of interesting programs for the entire span of the event: book signings, seminars and discussion, and of course, the book fair with over 100+ exhibitors. Sadly I wasn't able to attend any signings or discussions, being nearly four months pregnant and all, I didn't think my bladder would be cooperating while I sit there for an hour and a half or so. I might end up annoying the speaker and the attendees by standing up and having numerous trips to the bathroom. Nor did I think it wise to wait in line for a few hours for the book signings, since my legs and back aren't as limber and strong for me and my baby at the moment.

So I just went straight to the books being sold at the ground floor. I may have splurged a bit.



TITLES:

(from National Bookstore)
I AM NUMBER FOUR: THE LOST FILES: HIDDEN ENEMY by Pittacus Lore
THE REVENGE OF SEVEN by Pittacus Lore

(from Fully Booked)
HORDE by Ann Aguirre (read)
THE ASK AND THE ANSWER by Patrick Ness
THE QUEEN OF THE TEARLING by Erika Johansen
RUINS by Dan Wells (read)
THE INFINITE SEA by Rick Yancey
THE COMPLETE GRIMM'S FAIRY TALES by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm

I have to say, it wasn't easy trudging around booths 8 lbs heavier and with a baby bump. As a first time mom (to be), I am incredibly cautious over my unborn baby. I was on the lookout for any elbows, arms and other people's body parts and items that may touch my belly, so I was rather wary of the crowd. Thankfully going to the venue early had its perks since it was a lot less crowded than in the afternoon.

Well, that's my experience. I think next year I'll be roaming the booths looking for books not only for myself but for my little one as well. Teehee!

How about you? Care to share your experience? I'd love to hear about it.

Until next year! :D
Happy reading!